Test Bank 2010 Federal Taxation with H&R Block TaxCut 4th Edition Pratt
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Federal Taxation.
2. Tax Practice and Research.
3. Taxable Entities, Tax Formula, Introduction to Property Transactions.
4. Personal and Dependency Exemptions; Filing Status; Determination of Tax for an Individual; Filing Requirements.
5. Gross Income.
6. Gross Income: Inclusions and Exclusions.
7. Overview of Deductions and Losses.
8. Employee Business Expenses.
9. Capital Recovery: Depreciation, Amortization, and Depletion.
10. Certain Business Deductions and Losses.
11. Itemized Deductions.
12. Deductions for Certain Investment Expenses and Losses.
13. The Alternative Minimum Tax and Tax Credits.
14. Property Transactions: Basis Determination and Recognition of Gain or Loss.
15. Nontaxable Exchanges.
16. Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses.
17. Property Transactions: Dispositions of Trade or Business Property.
18. Employee Compensation and Retirement Plans.
19. Corporations: Formation and Operation.
20. Corporate Distributions, Redemptions and Liquidations.
21. Taxation of Corporate Accumulations.
22. Taxation of Partnerships and Partners.
23. S Corporations.
24. The Federal Transfer Taxes.
25. Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts.
26. Family Tax Planning.
Descriptions (We sell test banks and solutions manuals only)
For over 20 years the Pratt & Kulsrud Taxation series has provided educators, students, and professionals alike with an engaging and clear presentation and examples of tax law. The series has consistently held to the principle that the key to learning taxation is an understanding of the underlying purpose for each and every rule. For this reason, the authors and editors have made a concerted effort to provide the background, both a conceptual and historical foundation, which they feel is essential to understanding. This edition continues the tradition of excellence with timely updates reflecting the latest in tax laws, integration of TaxCut and rich online resources for instructors.