Solution Manual Biochemistry 6th Edition Campbell
Table of Contents
1. Biochemistry and the Organization of Cells.
2. Water: The Solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
3. Amino Acids and Peptides.
4. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins.
5. Protein Purification and Characterization Techniques.
6. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes.
7. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes, Mechanisms, and Control.
8. Lipids and Proteins Are Associated in Biological Membranes.
9. Nucleic Acids: How Structure Conveys Information.
10. Biosynthesis of Nucleic Acids: Replication.
11. Transcription of the Genetic Code: The Biosynthesis of RNA.
12. Protein Synthesis: Translation of the Genetic Message.
13. Nucleic Acid Biotechnology Techniques.
14. Viruses, Cancer and Immunology.
15. The Importance of Energy Changes and Electron Transfer in Metabolism.
18. Storage Mechanisms and Control in Carbohydrate Metabolism.
19. The Citric Acid Cycle.
20. Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation.
21. Lipid Metabolism.
23. The Metabolism of Nitrogen.
24. Integration of Metabolism
Descriptions (We sell test banks and solutions manuals only)
Discover how the latest developments in biotechnology, genomics, and proteins directly affect your life with Campbell/Farrell?s best-selling biochemistry text. Known for its logical organization and appropriate depth of coverage, BIOCHEMISTRY, Sixth Edition, balances scientific detail with readability that?s ideal for those studying biochemistry for the first time. A unique new magazine-style insert, Hot Topics in Biochemistry, introduces advancements in areas such as the Avian Flu, stem cell research, blood doping, HPV, the Gardasil vaccine, and more. New in-text questions help you master key concepts of biochemistry, while end-of-chapter problem sets, now grouped by problem types, assist you in efficiently preparing for exams. State-of-the art visuals throughout the book help clarify concepts. Biochemical Connections demonstrate how biochemistry affects other fields, such as health and sports medicine. Count on BIOCHEMISTRY, Sixth Edition, for the most current coverage and clarity you need to excel in your one-semester biochemistry course.
About the Author
Mary K. Campbell
is Professor Emeritus of chemistry at Mount Holyoke College, where she taught biochemistry, general chemistry, and physical chemistry, as well as advised undergraduates working on biochemical research projects. Her avid interest in writing led to the publication of many highly successful editions of this textbook. Originally from Philadelphia, Dr. Campbell received her Ph.D. from Indiana University and completed postdoctoral work in biophysical chemistry at Johns Hopkins University. Her areas of interest include researching the physical chemistry of biomolecules, specifically, spectroscopic studies of protein-nucleic acid interactions. She is also coauthor with Shawn Farrell on BIOCHEMISTRY, 7e (Cengage Learning).
Shawn O. Farrell
a native of Northern California, received his B.S. in biochemistry from University of California, Davis, studying carbohydrate metabolism. He completed his Ph.D. in biochemistry at Michigan State University, where he focused on the study of fatty acid metabolism. Dr. Farrell became interested in biochemistry while in college, as it was relevant to his passion for bicycle racing. He raced competitively for 15 years and now officiates bicycle races worldwide. He has taught biochemistry lecture and laboratory courses at Colorado State University for 16 years and now works for USCycling. Professor Farrell has written scientific journal articles about specific research projects and about laboratory teaching, as well as articles for sports publications, such as “Salmon, Trout, and Steelheader” magazine. He is co-author with Mary Campbell on BIOCHEMISTRY